DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR PRODUCT REVIEWS
The Federal Trade Commission requires that we disclose any relationship we have between a product manufacturer or service provider when we write about a product or service.
Here are the guidelines we operate under at theHomeSecurityAdviser.com:
- We are NOT paid to do a review. We never accept money to review a product or service. We invest our own time to review products.
- If we create a link to a product or service in a review, we may or may not get paid a commission if you purchase the product or service.
- We maintain an affiliate relationship with Frontpoint, ADT and Protect America. If you purchase a home security system from clicking on the links on our website or through calling them from the numbers provided on this website, we receive a commission.
- To protect the integrity of the reviews and this website all reviews are fully conducted before any affiliate relationship is started.
- These are good rules and practices in today’s digital world. It’s important for you as a consumer to understand the relationship between a person reviewing the product and the manufacturer or service provider. If you don’t see a disclosure policy as part of a review of a product, that reviewer may be violating the law or at the very least the Code of Ethics.